Man talked down from Wanstead Park tree by police
Police had to send a helicopter to Wanstead Park last night (December 7) to find a man in a tree who was refusing to come down.
Officers spent over eight hours trying to talk down the 36-year-old man who was drinking in the tree, 14 feet from the ground.
They were called to the scene, at the rear of Woodlands Avenue, at 4.33pm by a member of the public who was concerned for the man’s welfare having seen him enter a wooded area.
A helicopter which was airborne was then used to locate the man.
He was discovered at 4.45pm and was drinking alcohol whilst sat in the tree.
You may also want to watch:
Police negotiators were brought to the scene to try and talk him down and London Ambulance Service were called as a precaution.
It took until 12.40am before a Redbridge officer was able to convince the man to return to solid ground.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
A police spokesman said today that he was safe and well.