Man taken to hospital with ‘critical’ head injuries after fall onto A406 in South Woodford
A man has been hospitalised with “critical” head injuries after falling from a path above the A406 in South Woodford onto the road below.
He is thought to have fallen from the footpath near Waitrose, which backs onto the busy road.
Part of the westbound carriageway between Charlie Brown’s Roundabout and Waterworks Corner was closed in both directions by police after the accident around 10.40am.
The man, thought to be in his 50s, was taken to the Royal London Hospital by ambulance.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said an ambulance, three single responders and the air ambulance were sent to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now been re-opened.
Did you see what happened? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP