Man taken to hospital with ‘critical’ head injuries after fall onto A406 in South Woodford
A man has been hospitalised with “critical” head injuries after falling from a path above the A406 in South Woodford onto the road below.
He is thought to have fallen from the footpath near Waitrose, which backs onto the busy road.
Part of the westbound carriageway between Charlie Brown’s Roundabout and Waterworks Corner was closed in both directions by police after the accident around 10.40am.
The man, thought to be in his 50s, was taken to the Royal London Hospital by ambulance.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said an ambulance, three single responders and the air ambulance were sent to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now been re-opened.
Did you see what happened? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space