Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- Credit: Google
A man is in hospital with a life-threatening head injury after being hit by a car in Redbridge.
Police were called at 8.27pm on Monday, April 12 to reports of a collision involving a car and pedestrian on the A12 Eastern Avenue, near the junction with Evanston Gardens.
A Met spokesperson said: “Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found a 40-year-old man with a head injury.
“He was taken to hospital where he remains in a life-threatening condition. His next of kin has been informed.
“The driver of the car stopped at the scene. No arrests were made.”
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are keen to hear from anybody who was in the area and saw the collision or has relevant dashcam footage.
Anybody with information or footage is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting reference CAD 6880/12Apr.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 7 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 10 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings