Man standing on ledge of Seven Kings flat as police try to talk him down
A man is standing on the ledge of a first floor flat in Seven Kings as two police negotiators try to talk him down.
The man, thought to be middle-aged, appears to have climbed out of the window of a flat about the Lucky Star convenience store in Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings and is standing on a first floor ledge.
Police have pushed the cordon back by about 50 yards from the shop, which is at the junction of Meads Lane, to Wards Road.
Aldborough Road South is closed from Wards Road to Brook Road and St Johns Road and Devonshire Road are both cordoned off up to their junction with Buxton Road.
A small section of Meads Lane is also closed with three police vans and about six police officers in the road.
You may also want to watch:
Is is understood the man has been on the ledge since about 8am.
George Tiley, who lives nearby, said: “I opened my curtains and thought, ‘what is he doing standing on the roof?’
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
“The police came at about 8.15am and cordoned it off.”
About five or six people have gathered, some waiting to get to their cars which are inside the police cordon.
Pc Alistair Scott, who is at the scene, said: “I’ve not been told definitively either way [if the man has a weapon].
“The implication is if there was a weapon or a firearm, we wouldn’t have people within sight.”
Are you at the scene? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800.