Man sprayed with ‘noxious substance’ during suspected armed robbery in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man was sprayed in the face with a suspected noxious substance and threatened with a suspected gun while being robbed of two mobile phones in Ilford.
Police were called to reports of a robbery in Gordon Road at 5.10pm on Tuesday, May 9.
There they found the victim, a 22-year-old man, who told them he had been sprayed with a noxious substance.
Officers established that the victim was at the location to sell two mobile phones after arranging to meet the buyer.
When the buyer arrived he immediately grabbed the phones and sprayed a suspected noxious substance in the face of the victim.
You may also want to watch:
The buyer was joined by two other men, one producing a suspected firearm.
All three suspects made off in a silver car towards South Park Drive.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 7 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
Although shaken by the ordeal, the victim did not require hospital treatment.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information but has not yet come forward to police should call East Area Command on 101, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.