Man seriously injured in second Woodford Green shooting
A man in his twenties is in a “serious” condition in hospital after being shot in Woodford Green this afternoon.
Armed police were called to High Road, Woodford Green to reports of shots fired just before 2pm when they found the injured man.
Officers have cordoned off an area around Cakes and Shakes cafe near the junction with Fullers Avenue and the High Road remains closed to traffic.
The shooting comes after the window of the same cafe was shot out on Saturday at 6.45pm, while customers sat inside.
A police spokesman said: “We were called on Saturday to Cakes and Shakes to find damage to window and evidence that a shot had been discharged.”
You may also want to watch:
Police officers from the Trident team, which deals with serious gun crime in the Capital, are already investigating the first incident, though they have not yet formally linked the two attacks.
Police have described today’s victim as in a “serious but stable” condition.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 8 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
Did you see the incident? Contact the Ilford Recorder newsdesk on 020 8477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.