Man seriously injured in second Woodford Green shooting
A man in his twenties is in a “serious” condition in hospital after being shot in Woodford Green this afternoon.
Armed police were called to High Road, Woodford Green to reports of shots fired just before 2pm when they found the injured man.
Officers have cordoned off an area around Cakes and Shakes cafe near the junction with Fullers Avenue and the High Road remains closed to traffic.
The shooting comes after the window of the same cafe was shot out on Saturday at 6.45pm, while customers sat inside.
A police spokesman said: “We were called on Saturday to Cakes and Shakes to find damage to window and evidence that a shot had been discharged.”
You may also want to watch:
Police officers from the Trident team, which deals with serious gun crime in the Capital, are already investigating the first incident, though they have not yet formally linked the two attacks.
Police have described today’s victim as in a “serious but stable” condition.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
Did you see the incident? Contact the Ilford Recorder newsdesk on 020 8477 3821 or email email@example.com.