Man killed after being hit by a train in Seven Kings
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man from Ilford died after being hit by a train in Seven Kings on Monday.
British Transport Police and ambulance services were called to Seven Kings station in High Road at about 12.30pm but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
His death is being treated as non-suspicious.
A BTP spokesman said: “Enquiries are ongoing to establish the man’s identity and inform his family.”
An inquest will be opened over the next few days.
You may also want to watch:
Two of the four train lines were suspended and delays of up to an hour were reported.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School