Man killed after being hit by a train in Seven Kings
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man from Ilford died after being hit by a train in Seven Kings on Monday.
British Transport Police and ambulance services were called to Seven Kings station in High Road at about 12.30pm but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
His death is being treated as non-suspicious.
A BTP spokesman said: “Enquiries are ongoing to establish the man’s identity and inform his family.”
An inquest will be opened over the next few days.
You may also want to watch:
Two of the four train lines were suspended and delays of up to an hour were reported.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford