Man in mid-50s rescued from kitchen fire in Ilford flats
A man, believed to be in his mid-50s, has been treated for minor smoke inhalation after firefighters rescued him from a flat fire in Ilford today.
Four fire engines were called to a blaze in Berberis Court, a four-storey block of flats in Bluebell Way at 4.42pm.
The man was rescued by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.
The fire was contained within the kitchen of the man’s flat and was brought under control within minutes.
Ilford crew manager Andy Watson said: “The cause looks like cooking left unattended.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was treated on the scene by firefighters and ambulance staff and was then taken to King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
Other rooms in the flat suffered smoke damage.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
About 20 people had already left the flats before firefighters arrived.