Man in hospital after crash on A406 in Redbridge
A man has been taken to hospital after his car collided with a lorry on the A406 Southbound this morning.
The 41-year-old was taken by ambulance to The Royal London hospital, Whitechapel suffering from head and neck pain.
The accident took place at around 8.55am on the approach to Redbridge roundabout and resulted in long queues stretching back as far as Waterworks Corner, Woodford Green.
The accident follows disruption on the road yesterday morning after a 26-year-old motorcyclist was injured when he also collided with a lorry.
The rider was stabilised at the scene before being taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, Leytonstone to be treated for back pain.
You may also want to watch:
The A406 has since re-opened this morning and a broken down vehicle causing further traffic on the road has been cleared.
Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3821.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School