Man ‘hit with bottle’ in Clayhall
A man was struck over the head with a bottle in Clayhall today according to an eyewitness.
Police attended the scene close to Day Lewis Chemists in Claybury Broadway, Clayhall at around 3pm.
The eyewitness, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “There was a fight between two men.
“One hit the other one over the head with a bottle.”
A Day Lewis spokeswoman said the incident did not take place inside the premises, though refused to comment any further.
You may also want to watch:
A sign on the chemists’ door said it would be closed until 4pm “following an incident”.
Police have been unable to provide any information on the incident, though officers left the scene at 3.30pm.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
The injured man is not believed to have been taken to hospital.
Earlier reports that the incident involved a stabbing were unfounded.
Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3806, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @ilfordrecorder.