Man ‘hit with bottle’ in Clayhall
A man was struck over the head with a bottle in Clayhall today according to an eyewitness.
Police attended the scene close to Day Lewis Chemists in Claybury Broadway, Clayhall at around 3pm.
The eyewitness, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “There was a fight between two men.
“One hit the other one over the head with a bottle.”
A Day Lewis spokeswoman said the incident did not take place inside the premises, though refused to comment any further.
You may also want to watch:
A sign on the chemists’ door said it would be closed until 4pm “following an incident”.
Police have been unable to provide any information on the incident, though officers left the scene at 3.30pm.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
The injured man is not believed to have been taken to hospital.
Earlier reports that the incident involved a stabbing were unfounded.
Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3806, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @ilfordrecorder.