Man found hanging from tree in Chadwell Heath was a police officer
The body of a man found hanging from a tree has been identified as a police officer.
The officer was found on Monday morning in Percival Gardens, Chadwell Health after being spotted by a neighbour.
The death of the man who worked in Hackney is not being treated as suspicious.
Ch Supt Matthew Horne, borough commander for Hackney, said: “He was an outstanding policeman and detective and will be sorely missed by us all.”
Mr Horne added: “We are all extremely shocked and saddened by his sudden death and will be working with his family to offer any support they may need at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
An inquest was opened and adjourned at Walthamstow Coroner’s Court on Wednesday.
On Sunday, in an unconnected incident, a firearms officer was found dead at North Woolwich police station.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 9 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
He was discovered with gunshot wounds and police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.