Man found hanging from tree in Chadwell Heath was a police officer
The body of a man found hanging from a tree has been identified as a police officer.
The officer was found on Monday morning in Percival Gardens, Chadwell Health after being spotted by a neighbour.
The death of the man who worked in Hackney is not being treated as suspicious.
Ch Supt Matthew Horne, borough commander for Hackney, said: “He was an outstanding policeman and detective and will be sorely missed by us all.”
Mr Horne added: “We are all extremely shocked and saddened by his sudden death and will be working with his family to offer any support they may need at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
An inquest was opened and adjourned at Walthamstow Coroner’s Court on Wednesday.
On Sunday, in an unconnected incident, a firearms officer was found dead at North Woolwich police station.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
He was discovered with gunshot wounds and police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.