Man found fatally stabbed at petrol station in Ilford
An investigation is under way after man was found stabbed to death near to a pub in Ilford in the early hours of this morning.
Emergency services were called to Ley Street at about 3.15am to find a man with multiple injuries on the forecourt of a Shell petrol station close to the Bell pub. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has yet to be formally identified but he is believed to be in his 30s.
Ley Street is currently closed between Vicarage Lane and Christchurch Road as a result of the incident. No arrests have been made but police recovered a Ford Focus from the scene.
Investigating officer DCI John Sandlin said: “I am keen to hear from anyone who saw a blue Ford Focus, registration number EJ57 OED, in the Ilford area on Friday, November 2, or in the early hours of Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe that two women got out of the Ford Focus while the altercation was occurring. I need to trace those women.
“I also wish to speak with anyone who had been in The Bell pub that evening as well as anyone who saw the altercation at the Shell petrol station.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3865. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800