Man found dead in Chigwell named locally as Irtaza Hussain, 21, from Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
The man found dead in Chigwell yesterday afternoon has been named locally as 21-year-old Irtaza Hussain, from Dagenham.
Police said a body was found in Hainault Forest, opposite Lakeland Close, shortly after 4.20pm.
A spokesman added: “The deceased is believed to be a 22-year-old man from Dagenham who was reported missing earlier that day.”
The death is not being treated as suspicious and a post-mortem will be scheduled in due course.
Friends of the man have flooded Twitter with tributes to Irtaza.
Ale Natiq wrote: “Farewell Irtaza Hussain - I just hope you’ve found the peace you missed for so long.”
The Ex-Muslims Forum described the young man as a “sensitive and beautiful soul”.
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 5 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 9 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 10 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
If you would like to leave a tribute, call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.