Man found dead in Chigwell named locally as Irtaza Hussain, 21, from Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
The man found dead in Chigwell yesterday afternoon has been named locally as 21-year-old Irtaza Hussain, from Dagenham.
Police said a body was found in Hainault Forest, opposite Lakeland Close, shortly after 4.20pm.
A spokesman added: “The deceased is believed to be a 22-year-old man from Dagenham who was reported missing earlier that day.”
The death is not being treated as suspicious and a post-mortem will be scheduled in due course.
Friends of the man have flooded Twitter with tributes to Irtaza.
You may also want to watch:
Ale Natiq wrote: “Farewell Irtaza Hussain - I just hope you’ve found the peace you missed for so long.”
The Ex-Muslims Forum described the young man as a “sensitive and beautiful soul”.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
If you would like to leave a tribute, call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.