Man found dead in Chigwell named locally as Irtaza Hussain, 21, from Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
The man found dead in Chigwell yesterday afternoon has been named locally as 21-year-old Irtaza Hussain, from Dagenham.
Police said a body was found in Hainault Forest, opposite Lakeland Close, shortly after 4.20pm.
A spokesman added: “The deceased is believed to be a 22-year-old man from Dagenham who was reported missing earlier that day.”
The death is not being treated as suspicious and a post-mortem will be scheduled in due course.
Friends of the man have flooded Twitter with tributes to Irtaza.
You may also want to watch:
Ale Natiq wrote: “Farewell Irtaza Hussain - I just hope you’ve found the peace you missed for so long.”
The Ex-Muslims Forum described the young man as a “sensitive and beautiful soul”.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 9 Redbridge human rights group awarded six-figure National Lottery grant
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
If you would like to leave a tribute, call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.