Man fined �80 for wasting police time with false knifepoint robbery claim
Redbridge Police have fined a 23-year-old man for wasting police time after he falsely claimed he was robbed at knifepoint.
The man claimed he was robbed by three men with a knife on Monday (27), saying they took �130.
Police spent four hours investigating the allegation but CCTV footage proved the allegation was false.
DI Craig Robinson said “We take allegations of robbery very seriously and each one is investigated thoroughly.
“Where the allegation is proved to be false and our time is wasted, we will take action against the person making the false claim.”
You may also want to watch:
The man has been given an �80 penalty notice for disorder.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath