Man dies in Loughton forest car crash
AN 18-YEAR-OLD man has died after the car he was travelling in crashed in a Loughton forest.
The man, who has not yet been named, was announced dead at the scene after the accident took place in Earls Path, Loughton, last night.
A police press officer said the man was travelling in a red Vauxhall Astra with three other men, when the driver lost control of the vehicle and it crashed into trees and overturned.
A call to emergency service was made at 10.15 pm, and the fire and ambulance services attended before handing the incident over to the police at 11.35pm.
A 19-year-old man from Chingford was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone suffering from serious internal injuries, but his condition is said to be stable.
You may also want to watch:
Two other men sustained minor injuries.
Two men, aged 19 and 20, from east London have been arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
Officers from Chigwell Road Policing Unit are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 0300 333 4444. They would like to hear from anyone who was in the area and remembers seeing the red Astra.