Man dies in Loughton forest car crash
AN 18-YEAR-OLD man has died after the car he was travelling in crashed in a Loughton forest.
The man, who has not yet been named, was announced dead at the scene after the accident took place in Earls Path, Loughton, last night.
A police press officer said the man was travelling in a red Vauxhall Astra with three other men, when the driver lost control of the vehicle and it crashed into trees and overturned.
A call to emergency service was made at 10.15 pm, and the fire and ambulance services attended before handing the incident over to the police at 11.35pm.
A 19-year-old man from Chingford was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone suffering from serious internal injuries, but his condition is said to be stable.
You may also want to watch:
Two other men sustained minor injuries.
Two men, aged 19 and 20, from east London have been arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
Officers from Chigwell Road Policing Unit are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 0300 333 4444. They would like to hear from anyone who was in the area and remembers seeing the red Astra.