Man dies in Loughton forest car crash
AN 18-YEAR-OLD man has died after the car he was travelling in crashed in a Loughton forest.
The man, who has not yet been named, was announced dead at the scene after the accident took place in Earls Path, Loughton, last night.
A police press officer said the man was travelling in a red Vauxhall Astra with three other men, when the driver lost control of the vehicle and it crashed into trees and overturned.
A call to emergency service was made at 10.15 pm, and the fire and ambulance services attended before handing the incident over to the police at 11.35pm.
A 19-year-old man from Chingford was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone suffering from serious internal injuries, but his condition is said to be stable.
You may also want to watch:
Two other men sustained minor injuries.
Two men, aged 19 and 20, from east London have been arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
Officers from Chigwell Road Policing Unit are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 0300 333 4444. They would like to hear from anyone who was in the area and remembers seeing the red Astra.