Man dies in hospital after Gants Hill fire
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has died in hospital following a fire in Gants Hill earlier this year.
The man was airlifted to hospital after being rescued from a fire at a semi-detached house in Clarence Avenue on April 22.
Emergency services were called shortly before 11am and were confronted with a small kitchen fire.
The injured man was found in the garden of the property and was treated at the scene before being taken to a major trauma centre by London Ambulance Service (LAS).
Part of the ground floor of the house was damaged by the fire.
Two fire engines from Ilford Fire Station and around ten firefighters were at the scene and were able to bring the blaze under control by just after 11.40am.
You may also want to watch:
LAS today revealed that the individual passed away in July.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 4 Teen boy sexually assaulted on Redbridge bus: Image of wanted man released
- 5 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 6 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 7 Redbridge Tories call for council reform after monkey costume scandal
- 8 Man in stable condition after Barkingside crash
- 9 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments