Man dies after being hit by a train at Chadwell Heath station
- Credit: Archant
A man died after being hit by a train at Chadwell Heath station yesterday evening.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Our officers were called to Chadwell Heath rail station on Tuesday, 15 March following reports of a person struck by a train.
“The call came into police at 6.34pm.
“Officers attended the scene alongside paramedics from London Ambulance Service. A man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“The man’s family has been informed. His death is not being treated as suspicious.”
You may also want to watch:
Trains were delayed for up to two hours while emergency services dealt with the incident.
A file will now be prepared for the coroner.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
If you would like to speak to Samaritans call 116 123