Man dead and seven injured in Redbridge road crash
A man has died and a woman is in critical condition in hospital after a road crash yesterday morning.
The accident happened just after 1am on Redbridge Lane East near the junction with Falmouth Gardens, Redbridge.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene after a red Honda Civic and a black Range Rover collided.
A 23-year-old man, believed to be the driver of one of the vehicles involved, a red Honda Civic, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 23-year-old woman, also travelling in the Civic, was taken to hospital where she remains in a critical condition.
Two other men travelling in the Civic were taken to hospital suffering minor injuries.
A man, a woman and two children travelling in the black Range Rover were also taken to hospital suffering minor injuries.
- 1 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 2 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
- 3 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Ex-police officer served for four years after being accused of 'sexual and physical assaults'
- 8 Appeal after motorcyclist killed in hit and run in Redbridge
- 9 How council teams tackle fly-tipping in Redbridge
- 10 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or approved in Redbridge
Officers from the Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath are investigating the incident.
There have been no arrests at this time.