Man dead and seven injured in Redbridge road crash
A man has died and a woman is in critical condition in hospital after a road crash yesterday morning.
The accident happened just after 1am on Redbridge Lane East near the junction with Falmouth Gardens, Redbridge.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene after a red Honda Civic and a black Range Rover collided.
A 23-year-old man, believed to be the driver of one of the vehicles involved, a red Honda Civic, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 23-year-old woman, also travelling in the Civic, was taken to hospital where she remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Two other men travelling in the Civic were taken to hospital suffering minor injuries.
A man, a woman and two children travelling in the black Range Rover were also taken to hospital suffering minor injuries.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 7 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
Officers from the Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath are investigating the incident.
There have been no arrests at this time.