Man charged with murder of Hainault pensioner appears in court
A MAN charged with the murder of Hainault pensioner Albert Wright has appeared at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court.
Mark Robinson, 34, of Green Court, Green Close, Luton, was remanded in custody during yesterday’s hearing.
He will appear again at the Old Bailey on June 8.
Mr Wright, known to his friends as Bert, was found dead in his home in Trelawney Road on Friday night.
He died of multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Friends said the dad-of-one had lived in the same house for 52 years.
Neighbour Pamela Jenkins, 61, called him a “true gentleman”.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 5 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 8 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 9 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation