Man charged with murder of Hainault pensioner appears in court
A MAN charged with the murder of Hainault pensioner Albert Wright has appeared at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court.
Mark Robinson, 34, of Green Court, Green Close, Luton, was remanded in custody during yesterday’s hearing.
He will appear again at the Old Bailey on June 8.
Mr Wright, known to his friends as Bert, was found dead in his home in Trelawney Road on Friday night.
He died of multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Friends said the dad-of-one had lived in the same house for 52 years.
Neighbour Pamela Jenkins, 61, called him a “true gentleman”.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder