Man charged with murder of Hainault pensioner appears in court
A MAN charged with the murder of Hainault pensioner Albert Wright has appeared at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court.
Mark Robinson, 34, of Green Court, Green Close, Luton, was remanded in custody during yesterday’s hearing.
He will appear again at the Old Bailey on June 8.
Mr Wright, known to his friends as Bert, was found dead in his home in Trelawney Road on Friday night.
He died of multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Friends said the dad-of-one had lived in the same house for 52 years.
Neighbour Pamela Jenkins, 61, called him a “true gentleman”.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 6 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 9 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'