Man charged with Ilford murder of prostitute Mariana Popa pleads not guilty
- Credit: Archant
The man charged with murdering Mariana Popa in Ilford Lane has pleaded not guilty.
In a hearing this morning at Woolwich Crown Court, Farooq Shah, 20, of Station Road, Forest Gate, denied murdering the 24-year-old woman.
He appeared from prison via video link and is next due to attend for a pre-trial review on April 4.
The trial is not expected to start until May.
Mariana, believed by police to be a Romanian prostitute, died at the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, in the early hours of October 29 after being found collapsed in Ilford Lane.
You may also want to watch:
She was found to have died of shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague