Man calls fire brigade to rescue him while dangling from fence trapped by shoelaces in Woodford Green
A man trying to take a shortcut home in Woodford Green last night learnt his lesson when he found himself dangling from railings.
Fire crews from Hainault were called to release the man, thought to be in his early twenties, who was trapped by his shoelaces in Repton Park, Regents Drive.
He called the emergency services on his mobile phone at around 1.20am when he realised he could not free himself.
But his position led to “confusion” about his exact location and after searching the area, firefighters called him back to find him.
Firefighter Neil Herbert said: “We found him dangling by his left leg.
You may also want to watch:
“We tried not to laugh and cut him down and made sure he was ok.
“He was a little bit intoxicated but to be fair, he was very apologetic.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
Mr Herbert said the man had got his laces caught while trying to climb over the high fence.
He added: “How he didn’t seriously hurt himself we don’t know. He was lucky.”