Man burnt in Ilford workshop blaze
A man was seriously hurt during a blaze at a car repair workshop.
More than 35 fire fighters tackled the flames at the garage in Ilford Lane, Ilford, that began about 9.15pm yesterday as billowing smoke could be seen from miles away.
One man was taken to Royal London Hospital suffering from burns and smoke inhalation as six crews extinguished the flames.
Scott Dubray, 42, filmed the drama as it unfolded on his iPhone. He said: “I saw a big plume of smoke out of my window so I rushed around. I was there as the first fire truck arrived.
“I heard a big boom but I don’t know what it was. The flames were coming out of the back of the mechanics to about half the height of a tree, it was very dramatic and there were lots of spectators.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
A spokesman for the London ambulance service said that a doctor, two ambulances, a single responder and a hazardous response unit were rushed to the scene
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
Did you witness the blaze? Call the newsroom on 0208 477 3821.