Man assaulted and robbed on train home from night out
Police are appealing for witnesses to a robbery on a train from London to Essex.
A 35-year-old man was travelling home to Chelmsford from Liverpool Street after a night out when he was attacked.
The robbers punched him to the floor and took his iPhone and wallet on the night between Thursday December 13 and Friday December 14.
The victim boarded the Liverpool Street train at 11pm and changed at Brentwood and Shenfield before heading towards Chelmsford.
Det Con David Bishop, the investigating officer, said: “At some point, two men approached the victim when one of them suddenly punched him in the head causing bruises and swelling to his forehead and right eye. They then went through his pockets before stealing his iPhone, cash and bank cards.
You may also want to watch:
“This was an unprovoked attack on a victim who was simply making his way home from an evening out with friends. He had his possessions stolen from his just weeks before Christmas and was left shaken and injured.”
It is not known at what point of his journey the man was attacked.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 9 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care
- 10 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting incident number B6/LNA of 31/12/2012 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.