Man appears in court charged with the murder of Mariana Popa in Ilford Lane
A 20-year-old man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a 24-year-old woman who was attacked in Ilford Lane, Ilford.
Farooq Shad, of Station Road, Forest Gate appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday for an initial hearing.
He did not make an application for bail.
Shah will be back in court on February 14 to enter a plea and for case management.
A post-mortem found that Mariana Popa, originally from Romania, died of shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
She collapsed in Pizza and Chicken 4 U in Ilford Lane and died at 2am on October 29.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care