Man appears in court charged with the murder of Mariana Popa in Ilford Lane
A 20-year-old man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a 24-year-old woman who was attacked in Ilford Lane, Ilford.
Farooq Shad, of Station Road, Forest Gate appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday for an initial hearing.
He did not make an application for bail.
Shah will be back in court on February 14 to enter a plea and for case management.
A post-mortem found that Mariana Popa, originally from Romania, died of shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
She collapsed in Pizza and Chicken 4 U in Ilford Lane and died at 2am on October 29.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford