Man appears in court charged with five offences after Ilford siege
An alleged gunman has appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court charged with five offences.
Marza Khan, 33, was arrested in connection with an incident in which a police officer was shot at in Ilford last week.
Teachers at South Park Primary School were advised to keep children inside while police tried to apprehend the suspect on Wednesday.
Police were called following reports of a domestic in Holmwood Road, Ilford.
But it is alleged the suspect later fired a shot at an officer from a car.
You may also want to watch:
Khan appeared at the court where further plans for him to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court at a future date to be confirmed were agreed.
He is charged with use of a firearm to resist arrest, two counts of driving without insurance and two counts of driving while disqualified. All will be heard at Blackfriars Crown Court.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 8 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London