Man appears in court charged with five offences after Ilford siege
An alleged gunman has appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court charged with five offences.
Marza Khan, 33, was arrested in connection with an incident in which a police officer was shot at in Ilford last week.
Teachers at South Park Primary School were advised to keep children inside while police tried to apprehend the suspect on Wednesday.
Police were called following reports of a domestic in Holmwood Road, Ilford.
But it is alleged the suspect later fired a shot at an officer from a car.
You may also want to watch:
Khan appeared at the court where further plans for him to appear at Blackfriars Crown Court at a future date to be confirmed were agreed.
He is charged with use of a firearm to resist arrest, two counts of driving without insurance and two counts of driving while disqualified. All will be heard at Blackfriars Crown Court.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation