Malvern set for Silverstone
Barkingside racer Scott Malvern will be in action this weekend in the opening three rounds of the Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Championship of Great Britain.
It has been looking touch and go as to whether or not he would be able to race this year because of the difficult financial climate but, thanks to a last-minute deal brought about by sponsors ScanDoc and ncpi solutions, Scott is able to compete although the situation for the remainder of the season is less clear.
“I am just delighted to be on the grid and will be doing everything I can to repay their faith in me,” said Malvern.
He topped the test times at the official championship launch day at the same circuit last month but admits he is taking nothing for granted.
“There are some excellent drivers again this year and the tight Silverstone national circuit always provides such close racing, but I’m really looking forward to it,” Malvern added.
You may also want to watch:
In 2010 Malvern finished runner-up in the same championship even though he outscored Scott Pye over the 25 races. He knows that a lot is expected of him but doesn’t mind the pressure.
“To be honest, the pressure to perform has been with me throughout my career right back to my early karting days, so I’m used to it. It’s actually a great motivator,” he said.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
Over 20 drivers from eight or nine different countries in four different makes of car are expected to line up on the grid this weekend.
The championship visits all the top circuits in the UK including Silverstone, Brands Hatch and Donington as well as venturing into Europe with events at Spa and Zolder in Belgium and the prestigious Red Bull Masters event at Zandvoort in Holland.
The same championship helped to launch the careers of many legendary names in motor racing including Jenson Button, Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna.