Malvern’s joy of six
Barkingside driver Scott Malvern continued his 2011 Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Championship campaign with a second consecutive display of domination at the Snetterton circuit at the weekend.
Malvern again won all races making it six consecutive race victories and seven from the nine championship rounds held so far, whilst in the other two he failed to finish after crashing out.
It was Australian driver Geoff Uhrhane who secured pole position in qualifying for all three races with the Barkingside racer joining him on the front row in all three races in second place.
Malvern made the better start each time and despite some strong resistance from Uhrhane and Dutch driver Jeroen Slaghekke, as well as Finnish driver Anti Burri, which saw him run as low as fourth in the second race he kept his cool taking the lead in each race recording consistently fast laps, including a new lap record in race one, and was able to pull comfortably clear of the opposition each time.
On his fine weekend’s achievements, Malvern said: “We were disappointed to miss out on pole position in qualifying, but knew we were in very good shape for the races and were quietly confident without being complacent.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to take another clean sweep and reaffirms my challenge for the championship. I’d like to say a big thank you to the Jamun Team and all of my partners for making this possible.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation