Malvern ready to get season back on track

�Barkingside racer Scott Malvern is looking forward to getting his season back on track at Oulton Park in Cheshire over the Easter weekend.

Malvern started the season with a win in round one of the Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Championship of Great Britain at Silverstone on April 9 and 10, and looked set to repeat the feat in rounds two and three before being forced to retire after clashing with Australian rival Geoff Uhrhane, but he’s not dwelling on what might have been.

“I know I had a good car and could have won all three rounds, but I don’t expect my rivals to make it easy for me,” he said.

“I also know that returning to this championship after coming so close to winning it last year, that I am the driver that everyone wants to beat.

“But it’s a long season and I’ve been here before and my experience will give me the strength of character that I need to prevail.”


You may also want to watch:


Malvern has also secured the backing of local company Johal Regan for his 2011 campaign.

“I’m delighted that Johal Regan has decided to partner with me this season,” said the Barkingside racer.

Most Read

“I know that they have a history of supporting local sports stars and clubs and I hope that they will regard me as an asset.”

Deep Johal, a director of the Wanstead-based Chartered Surveyors and Property Consultants, said: “Scott is an exceptional young talent and we are pleased he will be carrying our name on his car.”

Malvern will have a qualifying session and a race on Saturday followed by two more races on Bank Holiday Monday, with all his events being televised by Channel Four and satellite and cable channel Motors TV.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter