Malvern making racing plans for 2013 season
Barkingside racing driver Scott Malvern hopeful of season in the Eurocup Formula Renault Championship.
Barkingside racer Scott Malvern has outlined plans to race for Manor MP Motorsport in the Eurocup Formula Renault Championship for the 2013 season.
Malvern continued to raise his profile after winning the National Formula Renault Championship this year in his first year at that level after winning the Formula Ford title in 2010.
The 23-year-old has already enjoyed a highly successful test with Manor MP, a team who include Kimi Raikonnen and Lewis Hamilton amongst their former drivers.
He spent two days testing with the team earlier this month at the Hungaroring near Budapest
You may also want to watch:
On a circuit he had never previously driven, and against a line-up that included the reigning Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 champion Stoffel Vandoorne and other equally experienced drivers, Malvern nevertheless set the fastest times on both days.
The championship Malvern will feature in is broadcast on Eurosport TV, and will take in famous venues which include Spa in Belgium, the Red Bull Ring in Austria and the Hungaroring.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
He will also race at venues in Spain, Russia and France over the seven-weekend championship.
To secure his seat for the season Malvern is currently on the lookout for sponsorship, with the Barkingside man looking to raise 25-30 per cent of the racing budget for the season with the Manor MP deal.
Any interested parties can contact Dominic Malvern on 07940 204985.