Malta-gate: Mystery remains over how Redbridge rubbish truck ended up on island
- Credit: Archant
The mystery of how a Redbridge Council rubbish truck ended up in Malta remains unsolved.
As reported in last week’s Recorder, former South Woodford resident, David Boorman, 66, spotted the council refuse van doing the rounds in the village of Gharghurar on the Mediterranean island.
The council has been unable to identify the vehicle from photos supplied by the Recorder and cannot say how it travelled 1,400 miles.
A spokesman said: “Refuse vehicles that the council wishes to remove from regular use are either auctioned or returned to the company they are leased from.
“There are no agreements or links to Malta.”
You may also want to watch:
• Have you spotted any links to Redbridge while on holiday or living abroad? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower