Woodford Green Library set for much-needed makeover
- Credit: Archant
Woodford Green Library has been selected for a much-needed makeover and is set to re-open next year.
All libraries were closed at the start of the pandemic, and five out of the 12 libraries across Redbridge have since reopened. The rest are due to reopen over the next few months, pending government guidance.
While the libraries have been closed, Redbridge Council and Vision RCL have taken the opportunity to review renovation options to spruce up older libraries to bring them up to the standard of other refurbished libraries in the borough.
Work on the Woodford Green Library will include redecoration, refurbishment and rewiring throughout. Plans are still in development, but there is a possibility of additional services opening.
While the refurbishment works are being done, residents are advised to either visit nearby South Woodford Library or use the library’s online service.
You may also want to watch:
Residents can access a vast range of ebooks, e-audiobooks, e-newspapers, e-magazines, and film downloads available free of charge through the online services by using your library card and Pin.
Leader of Redbridge Council, Cllr Jas Athwal said: “Unfortunately, we had to close our libraries due to the pandemic. However, we have always been clear this is a temporary measure to keep staff and library users safe. Now the government guidelines have changed, we’re opening up libraries across the borough slowly, to make sure there are no health and safety risks. I’m looking forward to the newly decorated Woodford Green Library opening soon.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
At this time, all items on loan will continue to be renewed, and customers can reserve books via the Vision website or the My Library app.
Books from across The Library Consortium can be reserved and sent to any of the five libraries currently open in the borough.
In addition, Home Library Delivery Services are available for anyone who is housebound and can also be arranged by contacting the library.
The five libraries now open are: Redbridge Central, Fullwell Cross, Goodmayes, South Woodford and Wanstead.
More information on library services in Redbridge can be found at www.visionrcl.org.uk/libraries