Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- Credit: Graham Hinton
A maisonette was damaged by a fire in Wanstead this afternoon (June 11).
Firefighters were called to a block of maisonettes in Queenswood Gardens shortly before 1.30pm.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) has said half of the first floor of a split-level maisonette was damaged by the blaze, which was under control about an hour later.
There were no reported injuries.
LFB's 999 control officers took 11 calls to the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Four fire engines and around 25 crew members from the Ilford, Woodford, Homerton and Walthamstow stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion