Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- Credit: Graham Hinton
A maisonette was damaged by a fire in Wanstead this afternoon (June 11).
Firefighters were called to a block of maisonettes in Queenswood Gardens shortly before 1.30pm.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) has said half of the first floor of a split-level maisonette was damaged by the blaze, which was under control about an hour later.
There were no reported injuries.
LFB's 999 control officers took 11 calls to the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Four fire engines and around 25 crew members from the Ilford, Woodford, Homerton and Walthamstow stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station