Made in Redbridge: Jewellery, candles, arts and crafts sold at Woodford fair
- Credit: Archant
Handmade jewellery, ornaments and art by crafty Redbridge residents were on sale at a fair on Saturday.
The unique gifts helped shoppers get Christmas present buying underway at the annual Woodford Craft Fair.
There were around 12 stalls with everything from cards to decorations, candles and hats at Woodford Bowling Club in Kings Avenue, Woodford Green.
Organiser Janet Benson, ladies’ club secretary, sold her own collection of knitted winter scarves.
She said: “This is the third year we have done it and we may again next year.
You may also want to watch:
“We all have a lovely time - there was a nice atmosphere and a lot of people stayed for a cup of tea afterwards.”
More than £100 was raised for the bowling club with the fair and the Woodford Green Amenity Group had a stall to attract new members to help spruce up the area.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder