Made in Redbridge: Jewellery, candles, arts and crafts sold at Woodford fair
- Credit: Archant
Handmade jewellery, ornaments and art by crafty Redbridge residents were on sale at a fair on Saturday.
The unique gifts helped shoppers get Christmas present buying underway at the annual Woodford Craft Fair.
There were around 12 stalls with everything from cards to decorations, candles and hats at Woodford Bowling Club in Kings Avenue, Woodford Green.
Organiser Janet Benson, ladies’ club secretary, sold her own collection of knitted winter scarves.
She said: “This is the third year we have done it and we may again next year.
You may also want to watch:
“We all have a lovely time - there was a nice atmosphere and a lot of people stayed for a cup of tea afterwards.”
More than £100 was raised for the bowling club with the fair and the Woodford Green Amenity Group had a stall to attract new members to help spruce up the area.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts