Ma-woah! Human-sized marrow found lurking at end of Goodmayes garden
A man was so shocked after finding a human sized marrow lurking at the end of his garden that he is trying to find out if it is a world record.
Late one evening Imran Haque, 25, ventured into his garden to get a pizza out of the shed freezer when a new tree stump caught his eye.
On closer inspection he realised a 5ft7in marrow was growing at the end of his garden and asked his dad about it.
Imran said: “I was really shocked I didn’t know marrows can get that big - it’s human sized! He was just really casual about it, he was like ‘yeah, it’s big isn’t it?’”
His father Nurul, 55, of Lexden Drive, Goodmayes, grows a variety of fruit and vegetables which are all regular sized.
You may also want to watch:
Imran said: “I seriously think they’re miracle seeds, that’s the best theory about it. People were calling from all over when my brother posted it on Facebook.”
Imran is unwilling to let the subject rest and has now contacted Guinness World Records to find out if it really is the biggest marrow in the world.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
“It grows an inch a day,” he added. “There’s another one and it’s half it’s length already.”