Luxury appliance business opens new Gants Hill showroom
- Credit: Archant
A family business promising “luxury appliances at affordable prices” is celebrating its expansion as staff open a new showroom.
C & R Appliances, which supplies and maintains goods across the south-east, has opened a showroom to allow customers to view top-of-the-range electrical items by appointment in Eastern Avenue, Gants Hill.
The new showroom is the latest expansion for the business, which also has a shop in Ley Street, Ilford, and a growing online store, which has shipped to countries including South Africa and Malta.
Owner Chris Wade, 36, said: “We have gone from a little high street shop doing reconditioned appliances to having massive contracts with letting agents, developers and manufacturers to provide and maintain goods.
“We are moving up the ladder and I would like the name to get bigger and better.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris started the business with his father Richard in 1996 and took over following his father’s death in 2008. He changed the company to sell new products, including fridges, dishwashers, washing machines, ovens and televisions, and has contracts with manufacturer Whirlpool, as well as stores such as Argos.
C & R Appliances has grown steadily since and, as well as opening a showroom, the company’s Ley Street shop is undergoing refurbishment and is expected to reopen in the summer.
- 1 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 6 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
Appointments to visit the showroom, which has been designed like an upmarket flat so customers can imagine the appliances in their homes, can be booked now.
Chris said the success of the business was driven by the service it offers customers.
He said: “I buy everything like I’m buying it for myself and I package everything and ship it how I would like to accept it.
“I deal with any customers that have queries and complaints; I treat people exactly like I would like to be treated myself.”
Chris, who is planning to marry fiancée Claire Webster next year, said he hopes to start a family and see the business passed down to the next generation.
To book an appointment to visit the showroom, call 0208 553 1558 or visit cr-appliances.co.uk