Lower River Roding placed on flood alert following heavy rain
The Lower River Roding which travels through Ilford, Redbridge, Wanstead and Woodford has been placed on a flood alert by the Environment Agency.
Prolonged rainfall last night and today has led to the alert with the river expected to continue to slowly rise overnight.
This will result in flooding of lower-lying land, roads and gardens next to the river, according to the agency.
No property flooding is expected at this stage.
The agency will issue a further update in the morning and information is provided at Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
You may also want to watch:
A webcam of the River Roding can be viewed on Redbridge Council’s website at www.redbridge.gov.uk.
The council asks anyone who sees localised flooding to take a photo and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07769 934861.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 4 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford