Lower River Roding placed on flood alert following heavy rain
The Lower River Roding which travels through Ilford, Redbridge, Wanstead and Woodford has been placed on a flood alert by the Environment Agency.
Prolonged rainfall last night and today has led to the alert with the river expected to continue to slowly rise overnight.
This will result in flooding of lower-lying land, roads and gardens next to the river, according to the agency.
No property flooding is expected at this stage.
The agency will issue a further update in the morning and information is provided at Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
You may also want to watch:
A webcam of the River Roding can be viewed on Redbridge Council’s website at www.redbridge.gov.uk.
The council asks anyone who sees localised flooding to take a photo and send it to email@example.com or text 07769 934861.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm