Loughton woman arrested after man critically injured in road accident
A Loughton woman has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after a man received multiple injuries in a road traffic accident.
A police spokeswoman said the 28-year-old woman had been released on police bail to a date in July pending further enquiries.
The man was thought to have been struck by a car before being air-lifted to hospital is in a critical condition.
Emergency services were called to Merrielands Crescent, Dagenham, where they treated a 25-year-old man on Tuesday (May 31) at 3.40pm.
He was taken to the Royal London hospital in a helicopter after London Ambulance staff stabilised him as shoppers looked on outside the Asda store.
You may also want to watch:
An eye-witness said: “I didn’t see the collision itself but I saw his bags fly up in the air.”
A London taxi driver from Romford, who asked to remain anonymous, said he had stopped to help. He said: “He was in a really bad state.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
A police spokesman said: “The pedestrian is thought to have been struck by the car as he attempted to cross the A13 at the traffic lights.
“Police closed the junction to traffic at 4.58pm to allow the landing of the Air Ambulance.
“The junction was reopened at 7.45pm. The 25 year old injured man from Dagenham was air lifted to the Royal London Hospital where he is receiving treatment for his injuries. His condition remains critical at this time.”
She added: “A 28 year old woman from Loughton was arrested at the scene on suspicion of dangerous driving. She has been released on police bail to a date in July pending further enquiries.”