Looting in Ilford as violence spreads
There was sporadic looting across Ilford overnight, according to eyewitness reports.
A jewellery shop in Ilford Lane was targeted and an electrical store in Cranbrook Road was also broken in to.
Ilford Town Centre was put in to lockdown yesterday after bottles were thrown at officers, while lines of riot police protected Ilford Police Station in High Road.
A man, believed to be in his late 20s, was treated by paramedics in Ilford Hill at about 7.30pm.
One eyewitness has said the man was “intentionally” hit by a car which then drove off.
You may also want to watch:
Our reporters are currently in Ilford investigating the situation.
Did you see any of the violence or looting in the borough last night, or have any pictures/video?
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3806.