Looting in Ilford as violence spreads
There was sporadic looting across Ilford overnight, according to eyewitness reports.
A jewellery shop in Ilford Lane was targeted and an electrical store in Cranbrook Road was also broken in to.
Ilford Town Centre was put in to lockdown yesterday after bottles were thrown at officers, while lines of riot police protected Ilford Police Station in High Road.
A man, believed to be in his late 20s, was treated by paramedics in Ilford Hill at about 7.30pm.
One eyewitness has said the man was “intentionally” hit by a car which then drove off.
You may also want to watch:
Our reporters are currently in Ilford investigating the situation.
Did you see any of the violence or looting in the borough last night, or have any pictures/video?
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3806.