Looking for something to do this weekend? Activities galore at Wanstead Art Trail
- Credit: Archant
A huge event showcasing the work of more than 100 local artists is returning to Wanstead on Saturday.
The free 16-day Art Trail Wanstead, organised by Art Group Wanstead, will see 50 venues open their doors to the community to display and promote the artists’ work.
There will also be two special art and craft workshop days in the Churchill Hall at Wanstead Library, Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead, on Saturday and September 14.
Images in Frame, High Street, Wanstead, will host one of the workshops.
Shop manager Michele Redgrave said: “It’s great to be part of the trail. It brings the community together and should be really fun.”
You may also want to watch:
The workshop from noon-3pm on Saturday, will include paper-cutting by artist Stacey Williamson.
She will give a free demonstration of her intricate work in the window of the shop, where her work will later be displayed.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 7 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 8 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Oaks Park pupils present video at Anne Frank Trust event
She has also created storylines to go with her images, which she describes as “magical” and a form of escapism, and aims to publish books in the future.
Spread across the borough, the event will mark the fourth Art Trail and include paintings, photography, pottery, mosaics and even a sound installation.
Both amateur and professional work will be on display and available to buy, and work by children from schools will also be on show at Wanstead Library and St Gabriel’s Church, Aldersbrook Road, Wanstead.
There will also be a range of stalls hosted by Flamingo Fairs and a pop-up Art Trail Café in the library.
The art trail will run until September 22 and work can be spotted in and around the High Street in churches, community centres, pubs and restaurants.
There will also be an auction and party on September 22, upstairs in the George pub, High Street.
Viewing will be from 6.15pm and the auction will start at 7pm, followed by an end-of-trail party.
n For more details visit www.artgroupwanstead.com.