Looking for something to do this weekend? Activities galore at Wanstead Art Trail
- Credit: Archant
A huge event showcasing the work of more than 100 local artists is returning to Wanstead on Saturday.
The free 16-day Art Trail Wanstead, organised by Art Group Wanstead, will see 50 venues open their doors to the community to display and promote the artists’ work.
There will also be two special art and craft workshop days in the Churchill Hall at Wanstead Library, Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead, on Saturday and September 14.
Images in Frame, High Street, Wanstead, will host one of the workshops.
Shop manager Michele Redgrave said: “It’s great to be part of the trail. It brings the community together and should be really fun.”
You may also want to watch:
The workshop from noon-3pm on Saturday, will include paper-cutting by artist Stacey Williamson.
She will give a free demonstration of her intricate work in the window of the shop, where her work will later be displayed.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
She has also created storylines to go with her images, which she describes as “magical” and a form of escapism, and aims to publish books in the future.
Spread across the borough, the event will mark the fourth Art Trail and include paintings, photography, pottery, mosaics and even a sound installation.
Both amateur and professional work will be on display and available to buy, and work by children from schools will also be on show at Wanstead Library and St Gabriel’s Church, Aldersbrook Road, Wanstead.
There will also be a range of stalls hosted by Flamingo Fairs and a pop-up Art Trail Café in the library.
The art trail will run until September 22 and work can be spotted in and around the High Street in churches, community centres, pubs and restaurants.
There will also be an auction and party on September 22, upstairs in the George pub, High Street.
Viewing will be from 6.15pm and the auction will start at 7pm, followed by an end-of-trail party.
n For more details visit www.artgroupwanstead.com.