Long stay parking charges increased at Exchange Ilford to reserve spaces for Olympic shoppers
Car parking spaces in Ilford’s shopping centre are being reserved for shoppers during the Olympic Games through an increase in the cost for drivers wanting to park up for more than four hours.
Exchange Ilford is now charging drivers �50 for parking at the centre for more than four hours.
The price change will stay in place until September 10, when normal charges will resume.
All other car parking prices are unchanged, with a �1.20 charge for up to two hours of parking and a �2.50 charge for two to four hours of parking.
Exchange Ilford manager Marc Myers said: “We suspect many people will be shopping in Ilford Town Centre during the Olympics and Paralympics.
You may also want to watch:
“To protect our car parking spaces for these customers, and to stop people who might want to park here and go to the Olympic Park, we’ve introduced a charge of �50 for more than four hours of parking.”
He said only two per cent of people who visit the shopping centre park in Exchange Ilford for more than four hours in a normal week.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath