Long stay parking charges increased at Exchange Ilford to reserve spaces for Olympic shoppers
Car parking spaces in Ilford’s shopping centre are being reserved for shoppers during the Olympic Games through an increase in the cost for drivers wanting to park up for more than four hours.
Exchange Ilford is now charging drivers �50 for parking at the centre for more than four hours.
The price change will stay in place until September 10, when normal charges will resume.
All other car parking prices are unchanged, with a �1.20 charge for up to two hours of parking and a �2.50 charge for two to four hours of parking.
Exchange Ilford manager Marc Myers said: “We suspect many people will be shopping in Ilford Town Centre during the Olympics and Paralympics.
You may also want to watch:
“To protect our car parking spaces for these customers, and to stop people who might want to park here and go to the Olympic Park, we’ve introduced a charge of �50 for more than four hours of parking.”
He said only two per cent of people who visit the shopping centre park in Exchange Ilford for more than four hours in a normal week.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase