Long bunker jump? Ilford golfers give the game an Olympic twist
Members of Ilford Golf Club gave their game a twist on Sunday with an Olympic-themed tournament.
Competitors played the usual 18 holes along with the long bunker jump, javelin club throw, shot putt and hoop chipping.
There was also a 19th hole relay, three-legged marathon, keepy-uppy golf ball and an all-day quiz.
Around 88 players joined in the fun in colour-coded teams including The Shamrocks and The Bubbles.
Food and a bouncy castle were provided for families and spectators and the champions were honoured with an Olympic-style medal ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Neil Glover said: “To celebrate the Olympics and Team GB’s success we felt we wanted to have an Olympic themed day.
“We made a good day of it and watched the closing ceremony afterwards on the big screen.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
“There’s a lot of excitement in the golfing world about it being in the Brazil Olympics.
“People say that it shouldn’t be there like tennis but it’s not the first time it’s been in the Games.”