Long bunker jump? Ilford golfers give the game an Olympic twist
Members of Ilford Golf Club gave their game a twist on Sunday with an Olympic-themed tournament.
Competitors played the usual 18 holes along with the long bunker jump, javelin club throw, shot putt and hoop chipping.
There was also a 19th hole relay, three-legged marathon, keepy-uppy golf ball and an all-day quiz.
Around 88 players joined in the fun in colour-coded teams including The Shamrocks and The Bubbles.
Food and a bouncy castle were provided for families and spectators and the champions were honoured with an Olympic-style medal ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Neil Glover said: “To celebrate the Olympics and Team GB’s success we felt we wanted to have an Olympic themed day.
“We made a good day of it and watched the closing ceremony afterwards on the big screen.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
“There’s a lot of excitement in the golfing world about it being in the Brazil Olympics.
“People say that it shouldn’t be there like tennis but it’s not the first time it’s been in the Games.”