London riots: Redbridge man in court after police officers collide with car
A Redbridge man has appeared in court charged in connection with the injuries of two police officers who collided with a car during the London riots.
Jah-Kiel McDermott, 28, of Inglehurst Gardens, was remanded in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
He is charged with two counts of attempted grievous bodily harm with intent on two police constables on August 8.
The incident, captured on CCTV, happened in Waltham Forest.
The officers are both recovering from their injuries at home.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man was previously arrested and bailed to return on a date in September pending further inquiries.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman