London riots: Redbridge man in court after police officers collide with car
A Redbridge man has appeared in court charged in connection with the injuries of two police officers who collided with a car during the London riots.
Jah-Kiel McDermott, 28, of Inglehurst Gardens, was remanded in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
He is charged with two counts of attempted grievous bodily harm with intent on two police constables on August 8.
The incident, captured on CCTV, happened in Waltham Forest.
The officers are both recovering from their injuries at home.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man was previously arrested and bailed to return on a date in September pending further inquiries.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower