London riots: Redbridge looters and vandals set for day in court
Fifteen people have been charged with a total of 26 offences linked with the looting and violence seen in Redbridge this week.
In all, 41 people have been arrested in Redbridge by officers investigating public disorder offences.
Borough commander Det Ch Supt Sue Williams said: “We’d like to thank the many members of our local communities and businesses who have been providing information to us about suspected looters and those involved in the violence.
“We urge communities to continue helping us, giving any information on the identities of the wanted people whose CCTV images we have released.
“Those involved in criminality should be under no illusion that we will pursue them.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been making arrests all evening and have a team working during the night examining CCTV images.
“We will follow up evidence in the coming days in order to bring anyone else responsible for criminal acts to justice.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
“We would urge communities and the business community to join us in condemning the actions of this violent minority and report any information about those responsible to police.”
Looting on Monday and in the early hours of Tuesday saw mobile phone shops in High Road, Ilford targeted, as well as two jewellery shops in Ilford Lane and supermarkets in Barkingside and Hainault.
A carpet shop was also set of fire in Woodford Green, and a South Woodford jewellery shop was looted.
Four cars were also set on fire, including in South Park Drive, Ilford and Beattyville Gardens, Barkingside.
Anyone with information on any of the offences in Redbridge or further afield should call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.