London riots: Redbridge looters and vandals set for day in court
Fifteen people have been charged with a total of 26 offences linked with the looting and violence seen in Redbridge this week.
In all, 41 people have been arrested in Redbridge by officers investigating public disorder offences.
Borough commander Det Ch Supt Sue Williams said: “We’d like to thank the many members of our local communities and businesses who have been providing information to us about suspected looters and those involved in the violence.
“We urge communities to continue helping us, giving any information on the identities of the wanted people whose CCTV images we have released.
“Those involved in criminality should be under no illusion that we will pursue them.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been making arrests all evening and have a team working during the night examining CCTV images.
“We will follow up evidence in the coming days in order to bring anyone else responsible for criminal acts to justice.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
“We would urge communities and the business community to join us in condemning the actions of this violent minority and report any information about those responsible to police.”
Looting on Monday and in the early hours of Tuesday saw mobile phone shops in High Road, Ilford targeted, as well as two jewellery shops in Ilford Lane and supermarkets in Barkingside and Hainault.
A carpet shop was also set of fire in Woodford Green, and a South Woodford jewellery shop was looted.
Four cars were also set on fire, including in South Park Drive, Ilford and Beattyville Gardens, Barkingside.
Anyone with information on any of the offences in Redbridge or further afield should call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.