London riots: police to shame suspects with touring “ad van”
Redbridge’s most wanted suspects following the August riots will be shown up through a police “ad van” tomorrow (December 20) and Wednesday (December 21).
The borough’s police will display images of suspects on the side of a van which will tour busy areas.
They are all wanted for their part in the looting and rioting which rocked London earlier in the year.
Businesses in Redbridge were looted and cars set alight and bottles were thrown at police in Ilford town centre.
Officers also released 10 images of suspects last week on Flickr.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow the “ad van” will visit the Tesco store in Goodmayes from 9.30am to 11.30am, Ilford town centre from 12.30pm to 2.30pm and the High Road in Barkingside from 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
On Wednesday, it will head to Wanstead High Street from 9.30 am to 11.30am, the Tesco store in South End Road, Woodford Green from 12.30 to 2.30pm and Manford Way, Hainault from 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
A community support officer will be on hand to take details from the public and provide advice and information on crime prevention.