London riots: police to shame suspects with touring “ad van”
Redbridge’s most wanted suspects following the August riots will be shown up through a police “ad van” tomorrow (December 20) and Wednesday (December 21).
The borough’s police will display images of suspects on the side of a van which will tour busy areas.
They are all wanted for their part in the looting and rioting which rocked London earlier in the year.
Businesses in Redbridge were looted and cars set alight and bottles were thrown at police in Ilford town centre.
Officers also released 10 images of suspects last week on Flickr.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow the “ad van” will visit the Tesco store in Goodmayes from 9.30am to 11.30am, Ilford town centre from 12.30pm to 2.30pm and the High Road in Barkingside from 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
On Wednesday, it will head to Wanstead High Street from 9.30 am to 11.30am, the Tesco store in South End Road, Woodford Green from 12.30 to 2.30pm and Manford Way, Hainault from 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space
A community support officer will be on hand to take details from the public and provide advice and information on crime prevention.