London Mayor Boris Johnson to be questioned on Redbridge A12 clean-up
Redbridge’s London Assembly member is pressuring Boris Johnson to spruce up the A12 ahead of the Olympics.
Roger Evans will ask the Mayor of London what steps are being taken to improve the appearance of the busy road at Mayor’s Question Time on Wednesday (4).
The Havering and Redbridge representative said: “I have had complaints from some businesses, particularly in Gants Hill.
“They want to use the Olympics as an opportunity to raise their profile and get more business, which after all is what the Olympics were supposed to bring to London.”
Mr Evans would like to see litter, graffiti and weeds removed from the stretch of road though Redbridge and Havering.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “A lot of people are going to use the road to get to the Games and it will affect their perception of where we live.
“We want to give them a good impression.”
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
Mayor’s Question Time can be watched live online at www.london.gov.uk.