London Mayor Boris Johnson to be questioned on Redbridge A12 clean-up
Redbridge’s London Assembly member is pressuring Boris Johnson to spruce up the A12 ahead of the Olympics.
Roger Evans will ask the Mayor of London what steps are being taken to improve the appearance of the busy road at Mayor’s Question Time on Wednesday (4).
The Havering and Redbridge representative said: “I have had complaints from some businesses, particularly in Gants Hill.
“They want to use the Olympics as an opportunity to raise their profile and get more business, which after all is what the Olympics were supposed to bring to London.”
Mr Evans would like to see litter, graffiti and weeds removed from the stretch of road though Redbridge and Havering.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “A lot of people are going to use the road to get to the Games and it will affect their perception of where we live.
“We want to give them a good impression.”
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 9 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
Mayor’s Question Time can be watched live online at www.london.gov.uk.