London Mayor Boris Johnson to be questioned on Redbridge A12 clean-up
Redbridge’s London Assembly member is pressuring Boris Johnson to spruce up the A12 ahead of the Olympics.
Roger Evans will ask the Mayor of London what steps are being taken to improve the appearance of the busy road at Mayor’s Question Time on Wednesday (4).
The Havering and Redbridge representative said: “I have had complaints from some businesses, particularly in Gants Hill.
“They want to use the Olympics as an opportunity to raise their profile and get more business, which after all is what the Olympics were supposed to bring to London.”
Mr Evans would like to see litter, graffiti and weeds removed from the stretch of road though Redbridge and Havering.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “A lot of people are going to use the road to get to the Games and it will affect their perception of where we live.
“We want to give them a good impression.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
Mayor’s Question Time can be watched live online at www.london.gov.uk.