London Marathon 2014: Barkingside woman determined to start 50th birthday celebrations by running the marathon
- Credit: Archant
Lorraine, of Barkingside, will be running her fifth marathon this year to mark the start of her 50th birthday celebrations.
She will be running for VICTA, a charity which supports blind and partially sighted children.
“I am determined this will be the start of my celebrations,” said Lorraine.
She has always run for children’s charities over the years.
She said that training had been difficult for her this year but she was committed to seeing it through.
You may also want to watch:
“The main thing is finishing, if I finish I’ll be pleased,” she said.
TTo sponsor her visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LorraineBurke Challenge.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 10 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals