London Elections: Down to the wire in battle for Redbridge’s London Assembly seat
Just two per cent separates the leading two candidates in the battle to represent Havering and Redbridge on the London Assembly, as the final few votes are counted.
Conservative Party incumbent Roger Evans has seen his early advantage whittled away as more and more votes have been totted up at ExCel following yesterday’s vote.
He has 37 per cent of the vote, while Labour’s Mandy Richards has 35 per cent.
Ninety-two per cent of the ballot papers have been counted.
The number of votes each candidate received, as well as the turnout, will be read out by the returning officer when the winner is announced.
You may also want to watch:
Behind the lead two is Lawrence Webb, of the UK Independence Party/Fresh Choice for London who has seven per cent of the vote.
Malvin Brown of the Residents’ Association of London is fourth, with six per cent.
- 1 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 2 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 9 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 10 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
Liberal Democrat candidate and former Redbridge councillor Farrukh Islam has five per cent, while the British National Party’s Robert Taylor and Haroon Saad of the Green Party both have four per cent of the vote.
In the mayoral election, Conservative Boris Johnson has 52 per cent of the votes from Havering and Redbridge, with Labour’s Ken Livingstone on 34 per cent.
• Keep checking the Ilford Recorder website and www.london24.com for latest updates.