London boroughs to receive Covid Winter Grant Scheme funding boost
- Credit: Kirsty O'Connor/PA
London councils are to receive an extra £9.5million under the Covid Winter Grant Scheme, it has been announced.
This will be added to each council's allocation, previously set according to a decided share of the initial £170m pot set aside in England.
That first injection was intended to last until this month, with this latest boost intended for the two-week Easter period (until April 16).
As with the initial allocation, Newham and Tower Hamlets will benefit most from the boost, receiving £470,772 and £418,230 respectively (to add to the £1m-plus each received previously).
Barking and Dagenham is set to receive £302,480, while Havering and Redbridge will get £231,087 and £274,259 each.
You may also want to watch:
Though 80 per cent of the funding is ringfenced for food, energy and water bills, councils can choose how they deliver that support. The remaining 20pc is available for other associated costs.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 7 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 10 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings