London 2012: Rolling road closures and parking restrictions in Redbridge for Torch relay
Get there early is the message to residents and visitors keen to see the Olympic Torch on its journey through Redbridge tomorrow.
There will be no road closures along the route, but roads will close in the minutes before and after the Torch passes.
The “rolling road closure” will be conducted by police on motorbikes.
Parking and loading will be prohibited along the whole of the route from Saturday evening until 11am on Sunday.
Redbridge Council say signs will go up on affected routes to warn motorists.
You may also want to watch:
Council-operated car parks along the route will be working as normal on the day of the relay but Redbridge Cycling Centre, Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre and Valentines Mansion car parks will be closed to the public.
The multi-storey car parks in Ilford Town Centre and supermarket car parks along the route will be running as normal.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 7 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 8 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
A council spokesman said: “Parking is likely to be oversubscribed in some places, but where possible we will have signs to let you know when car parks are full, and where alternative overspill parking can be found. Please set out earlier than you think you need to.”