London 2012: Rolling road closures and parking restrictions in Redbridge for Torch relay
Get there early is the message to residents and visitors keen to see the Olympic Torch on its journey through Redbridge tomorrow.
There will be no road closures along the route, but roads will close in the minutes before and after the Torch passes.
The “rolling road closure” will be conducted by police on motorbikes.
Parking and loading will be prohibited along the whole of the route from Saturday evening until 11am on Sunday.
Redbridge Council say signs will go up on affected routes to warn motorists.
You may also want to watch:
Council-operated car parks along the route will be working as normal on the day of the relay but Redbridge Cycling Centre, Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre and Valentines Mansion car parks will be closed to the public.
The multi-storey car parks in Ilford Town Centre and supermarket car parks along the route will be running as normal.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
A council spokesman said: “Parking is likely to be oversubscribed in some places, but where possible we will have signs to let you know when car parks are full, and where alternative overspill parking can be found. Please set out earlier than you think you need to.”