London 2012 Olympic flame’s route through streets of Redbridge revealed
The route the Olympic flame will take through Redbridge, and the people who will carry it, has been revealed.
The torch will leave Redbridge Cycling Centre, Forest Road, Hainault on Sunday, July 22 at 7.19am, just five days before the start of the Games.
It will then head down Forest Road and through Fairlop Waters Country Park, being taken on to a sailing boat as it crosses the park’s lake.
Crowds will then see the flame carried down the whole of High Street, Barkingside and all of Cranbrook Road.
A flame carrier will take a short detour into Valentines Park and around the gardens of Valentines Mansion, before travelling down Emerson Road, Bethell Avenue and back on to Cranrbook Road.
You may also want to watch:
The flame will then head into Ilford Town Centre, before leaving High Road and being carried through Clements Road and Clements Lane.
It will then head down Winston Way and into Ilford Lane, Ilford, which it will travel the full length of, before arriving in Barking for the next leg of its tour at around 9.50am.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer
Twenty-six people will carry the torch through Redbridge, including Grace Boxall, who has been shortlisted for the 2011/12 Recorder/Rotary Young Citizen Award, after surviving a brain tumour and setting up her own charity to raise money for others.
Other torchbearers include David Backhouse, of Ilford, Jess Archard, of Woodford Green and Luke Williams of Wanstead.